CISD administrators and school health officials are meeting regularly with local health officials, disaster and emergency officials and state departments of education and public health. Here is what we know as of March 11, 2020.
1. Caldwell ISD has no plans on cancelling school.
2. CISD will do our best to keep after school activities on schedule and open to the public.
3. Our custodial department is on top of cleaning. They will continue to clean everything daily. They clean during the day and in the evenings, so we have a germ-free environment to learn in everyday.
4. CISD disinfects the school buses daily.
5. Caldwell ISD will limit visitors after Spring Break to our campuses during the school day.
6. TEA notified school districts that all new enrolling students arriving from Level 3 countries will be required to stay home for 14 days prior to entering Texas schools.
Level 3 countries are currently designated as:
- South Korea
7. Caldwell ISD will require the same 14 day waiting period for currently enrolled students who have traveled to these Level 3 countries. All Caldwell ISD staff members will follow the same guidelines.
Any family, new or returning, affected by travel to these Level 3 countries, should call the office of your child's campus to receive detailed instructions beginning Monday, March 16.
In addition, the District plans on a Question and Answer conversation Live on Facebook, Sunday, March 15 at 5 p.m.
For additional information check out the CDC website.
For the most current information from Texas Department of Health.
Superintendent Andrew Peters