For the success of students who are currently At-Home learners, Caldwell ISD will be offering On-Campus learning for students at Caldwell Elementary School (K-3).
The other campuses will be reviewing the student success for all other students in grades 4th - 12th.
Cancelation of At-Home Learning for students.
The district may discontinue At-Home learning for individual students for one or both of the following reasons:
- Student has a class average of 70 or below (or the equivalent)
- Student has 3 or more unexcused absences in a grading period
When At-Home learning is to be discontinued, the following will occur:
- Parents will be notified at least two times regarding student progress prior to initiating a change to On-Campus instruction.
- Campus Administration will initiate a return to campus with a parent conference (in person or by phone) to review student progress and make recommendations requiring On-Campus learning. A return to school date will be established.
- Students will have two full weeks to return to campus.
- If parents choose to appeal the campus administration decision, the appeal is to be sent to the Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum and Instruction.
The appeal process is as follows:
- Either submit a medical exemption. or
- Request a transition meeting; The district will schedule the meeting with no less than 3 days notice. The student will continue At-Home instruction until the meeting has been held.
- The ruling of the Superintendents' office is final and may not be appealed to the Board per TEA guidelines.
- If the parents do not return the student to On-Campus learning, the student will be withdrawn from CISD and reported to the Truant officer in the County.