Independent School District

Skip to main content

Free and Reduced Pricing and Charging Guidelines

Each school year Caldwell ISD provides Free and Reduced Price meals applications to all families.

Students may qualify for free or reduced meals based on :
  • Income
  • Foster Children
How the process works:
Free/reduced meal applications are sent home with each student at the start of school and must be filled out each school year.  

Applications are process within 10 days of receipt in the Child Nutrition Office.  The Child Nutrition Office has 10 days to process the application and parents are responsible for any meal charges that the students incur within those 10 days.  The applications are usually processed sooner than the 10 day period.

The status of the application (free, reduced) is good for the entire school and for the first 30 days of the next school year.  It is important that parents fill out a new application at the START of the next school year to avoid a delay in the status.

All students  who do not have an application filled out for the current school year will result in a paid status, meaning that all meals must be paid for until a new application is processed an on file.

If you feel your family qualifies for free or reduced price lunch, please complete an application. Please complete only ONE application for the entire household.  You may list all students who are in your household on the application, even if they attend different schools within the district. 
Additionally, your student may qualify for free/reduced lunches through a program called Direct Certification through the State of Texas if the household is receiving SNAP benefits.  If we receive notification from the state that your student qualifies based on this information, you will receive a letter from our office notifying you of your lunch status and WILL NOT be required to fill out a Free and Reduced Lunch Application. 

Applications are available in the Child Nutrition office, School offices, Administration Office and can be filled out at anytime during the school year. Anytime your income changes, you are free to fill out a new application.
Please do not hesitate to call Ashley Charanza in the Child Nutrition office @ 979.567.2604, if you have any questions regarding the application.Meal Charge Policy

In the event that your student has no money on their meal account, students will be allowed to charge up to 3 breakfast meals and 3 lunch meals on their meal.

Students WILL NOT be allowed to charge snack items/beverages etc.

Once the student has reached the charge limit, they will be given an alternative meal which will consist of a sun butter and jelly sandwich, veggie/fruit and a milk.  
Parents receive notification weekly of negative balances and payment may be made either online or by sending in cash/check with your student.

If you have any questions regarding your students account balance or to see if you may be eligible for free/reduced lunch, please call Ashley Charanza, Child Nutrition Director @ 979.567.2604

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or
(3) email:
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.