District of Innovation Plan
WHAT IS A DISTRICT OF INNOVATION?
to be designated as Districts of Innovation. Districts of Innovation are able to gain local
control and obtain exemptions from certain operations of the Texas Education Code
(TEC). Caldwell ISD is committed to ensuring that this innovation plan will allow our
Board of Trustees and district staff to make decisions in the best interest of our
students, teachers, parents and the community as a whole.
TEC as allowed in the statute:
● First Day of Instruction
● Educator Contract Service Days
● Teacher Certification
● Teacher Employment Contracts
The original District of Innovation (DOI) plan will expire on August 31, 2021 unless it is renewed.
The timeline for the process of the proposed District of Innovation is as follows:
● 30 day Public Review (Website Posting) - January 4, 2022 - February 3, 2022
● Notification of TEA Commissioner - February 3, 2022
● DEIC final Approval - February Tentative
● Board of Trustees Final Approval - March 28, 2022 Board Meeting
● Notification of Approval, Publish - March 29, 2022
● Annual Review